Friday 25 February 2011

What my heart looks like

"What does my heart look like? That was the question that began a continuous conversation between Holy Spirit and I. It was beautiful... but it was vacant. The picture I received was of a single room; a ballroom in an European castle. It had ornate, gilded pillars with carvings at the top surrounding an immense hardwood floor. On two sides I could see the surrounding woods and distant ocean through massive windows; but the other walls were naked and it was vacant of furnishings or warmth. This is my heart.... As I pondered this I remembered that nothing is unchangeable, perhaps I could move in a couch to make it more welcoming. I asked permission and brought in a green velvet, overstuffed couch with old wooden carvings on the armrests. It was far too small for the room, but it was my start. I then invited Jesus to sit with me and thus began our conversations in my heart.

1 comment: